Zilker Metropolitan Park is considered “Austin’s most-loved park.” This 351-acre park is home to a variety of recreation opportunities and special events for individuals and families.
- The Zilker Holiday Tree stands 155 feet tall and is composed of 39 streamers, each holding 81 multicolored, 25-watt bulbs, totaling 3,309 lights. The Zilker Tree lighting ceremony is held annually on the first Sunday in Dec. at 6 p.m.
- The annual Zilker Park Kite Festival is held the first Sunday in March each year.
- Enjoy a ride on the Zilker Zephyr miniature train or paddling a canoe on Town Lake. Play on the large multi-age playscape, hike and bike trails and large full-service picnic areas, six of which are reservable. For the swimmer, Zilker Park offers Barton Springs Pool, a natural spring-fed pool with a year-round average temperature of 68 degrees.
- The sports enthusiast will enjoy the sand volleyball courts, a nine-hole disc golf course and two multi-use fields.
- The park is home to the Zilker Botanical Gardens, which includes the Taniguchi Oriental Garden and the Austin Area Garden Center. The park also features the Austin Nature and Science Center, which offers a wide variety of programs for children and adults.
- The Zilker Hillside Theatre hosts concerts ranging from jazz to country. Additionally, the theatre is the site of the Zilker Summer Musical and Shakespeare in the Park. Bring a blanket to site on the hillside and enjoy these events.
- The Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum is on the south end of the park and is the home of a collection of works by sculptor Charles Umlauf.
- The park also hosts the Austin Sunshine Camp owned and operated by the Young Men’s Business League of Austin.
2100 Barton Springs Rd.
Austin, TX 78704